Monday, February 8, 2010

Update of the Update!

Well I apparently I am not as disciplined at this blogging thing as I thought I would be when I first started this blog back in August.

In my defense, I did not think I would be as busy as I have been either! But it is a good busy, not complaining, just explaining why these posts have been fewer and farther between. At any rate, my last post I gave an update on what had been going on in our lives since the last post. So here is a small update from that blog since it has been longer than I anticipated getting back on here to "blog."

The study of the book of Mark has been quite good, though we have not had it the past 2 Sundays for various reasons, I have enjoyed the conversations we have had over the first 2 chapters. We spent the majority of one Sunday night talking about Spiritual warfare, and demonic possession and cool stuff like that! It was awesome/amazingly beneficial to discuss (in my humble opinion).

The lock-in was fantastic! We had 48 students show up and would have probably had more but we left to go to Waco to bowl 15 mins after the scheduled start time (Chilton kids are notorious for showing up 30-45 mins late!) Anyway, the group of kids was good, and despite having that many students there weren't really any problems in terms of transporting the kids from Chilton to Waco and then back again (special shout out to Lisa Little for driving the bus!). The D-Now is coming up at the end of February and we are busy getting things finalized for our Free Market coming up on Feb. 13th (like a garage sale, only we give everything away to those who need it more than we do...it's a great thing to be a part of...you should see our annex!)

There are 6 of us going to Mexico. It is exciting to see people really excited about the trip. One youth exclaimed how excited she was to be going out of the country! Of course I gave her a hard time that we will only be 1 mile out of the country, but that didn't seem to dampen her spirits any (which is good!). Anyway, things have been going well here, and I have really been enjoying the book of Acts and going through it. It has reminded me of the primacy of the Holy Spirit's role in the church, and the supreme importance of a church being very prayerful as we witness to the world. I hope others have enjoyed hearing me go through it Sunday mornings!! :)

Ok that is an update since the last update...I will try to blog more often to avoid doing all these updates! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment