Monday, March 29, 2010

Another Update...

Well we got back from Mexico about a little over a week ago. There was a long gap between posts because we were in Mexico for a week, and then I felt like I was going 100 mph trying to catch up on some things I needed to get done when I got back.

Overall Mexico was awesome! There was some great things that happened on that trip. There was a youth who seemed to really find his niche. A mother who shared that she went on the trip for her son, but soon realized that God had much to teach her about the value of friendship and the stories go on and on. I am really hopeful that that the lessons we learned in Mexico will be implemented now that we are back in Chilton.

We are now going through the Easter season. This is quite possibly my favorite time of year. It is a time of new beginnings. To reflect on the implications of the resurrection and what that means in our lives. We are not having any services during holy week, but next year I definitely think we will. Easter Sunday is just so much more meaningful if you have gone through the week remembering the cross and the obedience that Jesus displayed in taking all of that on himself. It is truly remarkable Lord that we serve!

After Easter, we will hit up the fundraising for youth camp and also begin making preparations for the month of June. It will be a busy one (Youth Camp, Pre-teen camp, VBS in 3 consecutive weeks!). In that time between Easter and that crazy 3 week stretch, Meredith and I will celebrate our 2 year anniversary. I can't believe it!!!

Anyway, that is a short update on what is going on with us. Hope this finds everyone well!

Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment